Why we need an Intelligent Personal Robot?
General-purpose Robots are still part of Science Fiction because:
- they are expensive
- they aren’t a mass products
- there is no a market for standardized software distribution for robots.
As a result we miss a lot of possibilities for:
- robots in education as a teacher helpers and STEM research target
- robots at home as kid’s animators
- personal assistants and telepresence avatars
- robots as a talk-mate for single elder people
- robots as storefront consultants
- robots as a market for independent software developers and sellers
- and much more…
We propose to build the Robotics Platform – not the single Robot with rigid body and algorithms. We propose to set-up this new wide-accessible Platform on basis of:
- ecosystem of Android apps for purpose of Robot’s brain
- existing LEGO Mindstorm bricks as a backbone chunks
- existing LEGO technic parts and motors as a Robot’s body
- open source code for SDK and code samples.
This will give us the following fantastic possibilities:
- wide community of innovators will generate zillions of new ideas; community have to shape ELFi’s desired view and behavior
- Android and Mobile developers will have a low barrier to jump to new development platform – for Robots
- All kids connecting Lego bricks become a mechanical engineers and Robot Makers
Our startup connected people from different IT epics. Elder of us remember a programmable calculators and computers without Operating System. Our youngest members are considering Tablets as a most natural form of Computer.
Most interesting fact is transformation of Computers in direction of mobility. Just think about this sequence:
- Big Mainframes and Business Machines
- Personal Computers
- Smartphones and Tablets
- Personal Robots???
Basicly Personal Robot is just the next view of Tablet or Smartphone – with ability to move.
We’re going to a new dimension with huge possibilities and useful applications.
September 20, 2016
August 25, 2016
August 20, 2016